Mar 21, 2013


Today is Thursday, March 21, 2013.


28-21=7
7 DAYS!

I get married in 7 days! I really feel like a kid a week before Christmas but better! I am just so excited. I realize I have not blogged in months or even told the story of Scott and I, so now is a perfect time.

Scott and I “officially” met December 2011 at an ugly sweater party. I always knew who he was because I was really good friends with his brothers and I remember in High School thinking he was so hot, which he still is. A week after meeting Scott, his brother Jeff asked me to join them on a backpacking trip through Asia. I without hesitation accepted the opportunity. The three of us left on a plane to China the day after Christmas. I went into the trip not knowing anything about Scott and left the trip feeling like we had known each other our whole lives. Within a matter of 3.5 weeks, we literally became best friends. He was like no one I had ever met before. I had never in my life felt so comfortable around someone so quick. No one had ever sought to understand me the way he did. And no one had ever made me laugh as hard as he did. On the very last day of our trip, in Tokyo, Japan, Scott told me he had a crush on me and asked me if he could kiss me. I approved of course. And then it was all uphill from there. We spent the next year continuing to get to know each other, dating, and falling in love. There were many trials that we were faced with but never once did our relationship ever shake. I didn't matter what I was going through in my life, he always stood by me and just loved me unconditionally. Which was one of the many reasons I knew I was in love with him. I knew I had to marry him when he was the only person I could ever picture myself sitting next to in my rocking chair eating peach pie and laughing with when I am 80.



I am so happy that I chose to go on that trip to Asia, to say yes to a kiss, and now spend an eternity with my best friend. I don’t believe in chance or coincidences, I believe in a bigger plan. A plan that brought me to where I am today and a plan that will bring me to many more things in my future. I am so grateful that the answer to my prayers was the answer I wanted and the best answer I could have ever gotten. I am so excited to marry Scott. He is everything I could’ve ever wished for in a husband and more. I love that he has made me a better person and continues to everyday. I am a little obsessed with everything about him. How lucky am I to marry someone who I know I will have so much fun with for an eternity. I am just so excited to start that eternity in one week. I have been asked what I am most looking forward to in marrying Scott a lot lately. I am most excited to come home to him every day, fall asleep to him every night, and wake up to his perfect face every morning. There is nothing in this world that sounds more appealing to me than those 3 things.





2 comments:

  1. Time to make this a family blog--make sure you add all the everyday fun and difficult times you and Scott will have together--NOW is the time to start journaling it all--you know how I love journals--and I love your post--and I love Scot--but most of all I love you and Scott together--he loves you and I know you adore him--make it Eternal by kneeling and praying together everyday--laugh and cry together--I love the new Bigelow family xoxo

    ReplyDelete